Google Drive Login Web
Google Drive is a cloud-based free storage service that allows the user to save, edit, and access files remotely. Launched in April 2012, Google Drive’s synchronization software helps the user store files by securely uploading them to the cloud. Google drive users can access their files anywhere, from the Google Drive website, to download the Google Drive app to use it offline on their windows, android, or iOS device. Read more about Google Drive Login Web, Google Drive Login Online, google drive sign up, Sign in etc in this article.
Google Drive Website and Apps
Users can access Google Drive on the web by visiting the Google drive link drive.google.com or Android apps. Users can also access the files through the drive folder on their desktop with Google. The link of the Google Drive login Web is given in the box below.
Users can view and edit files offline or save files from the web to their cloud through the website. The Backup and Sync app allow desktop users to sync files from their device to the cloud. Business owners also can use the “Drive File Stream” option available on Windows and on Mac OS to store sensitive company information on the cloud. Mobile phone users can use the Google Drive app to share, store, and view files. Users who want to create and edit files can download Google products like Doc, Slides, or Sheets apps.
Google Drive Sign Up
A Google account is the primary requirement for getting started with Google Drive. If you are already registered with Google, then you can use that Google account to access Google Drive. In case you don’t have an account with Google, then you can sign up for a new Google account with any email ID and use that ID to access all Google products, including Google drive. The Google Drive Sign up page is given in the box below.
Steps to create a Google account are given below.
- Visit google.com and click on the sign-in button on the top right corner of the page
- Click on Create an Account and choose the option from “For Myself” and “For My Business.”
- Enter the information and choose the username and password on the sign-up form
- Enter your phone number for verification. Google will send the verification code to this number.
- Enter the verification code you have received on your phone and click on Verify.”
- After verification, enter the personal information like Gender, Date of birth, recovery mail id, etc. and click on “Next.”
- Your Gmail account is created.
Check your inbox for welcome mail. The link to the Google Drive Sign up page is given in the box below.
Google Drive Login Online
Accessing Google Drive Login Page
After creating your Google account, you can log in to Google Drive and other Google products like Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides, Google Forms, etc. by visiting http://drive.google.com.
Follow the below steps to sign in to your Google Drive.
- Go to drive.google.com on the internet browser
- Click on the drop-down menu, “My Drive.”
- From there, the user can view the files that are uploaded or the Google documents created.
The link to the Google Drive login page is given in the box below.
Google Drive Storage
The storage space that Google Drive uses is shared across Google Drive, Gmail, and Google Photos. If Google storage has reached its limit, the users will not be able to receive any emails. To ensure that the users have enough space in their drive, they can visit the link, google.com/settings/storage.
The users can clear space in their drive by deleting old files. Go to your Google Drive account to check the used and free space available for the data storage.Transfer the old files to the trash bin where the user can then permanently delete them from there.
Google Drive Free Space
Google offers 15 GB worth of free space to the user on Google Drive. The user can use this space to upload and save any content. The users can use the computer or mobile phones to view the files on their Google Drive account.
If Google storage is full, users can buy more storage space from Google Drive or even upgrade to Google One, giving more benefits to users. The storage plan can either be a monthly or an annual one. Users can change the storage plan from the settings before which it renews automatically according to the plan. There may be an extra tax fee that has to be paid along with the storage payment.
Users can buy extra storage on any Google products. If a user is paying for a specific Google Drive plan, he or she will be automatically upgraded to a Google One plan free of cost. Users can also become Google One member to get additional storage space, free help from experts, and other benefits. However, users must keep in mind that upgrading or buying storage on Google is not available in all countries.
Google Drive Consumer Use and Enterprise Use
In June 2014, Google released the Google Drive for Work version of Google drive. The Google Drive Enterprise version with unlimited storage solves the data storage problems of large businesses.
There is an application programming interface in this version that allows connections to be made with business applications in an organization. This version also offers additional technical support from Google, and it prevents any sharing of data with third parties in compliance with ISO/IEC 27018:2014. Besides, the data in enterprise accounts are not used for advertisements in any form.
Google Drive Storage Prices
Users who want to buy more storage space in their cloud can do so from the official Google One website. Buying more space will automatically make the user a Google One member and eligible for the extra benefits provided to the Google One Members. There are different storage plans for those who are looking to buy additional storage.
Google storage plan is not available in all countries and the price varies between different countries.Check the price and the list of the counties where Google storage is available now.
Google How to Upload Files on a Computer ?
Users using Google Drive on a computer can follow the steps below to upload files:
- Click on “Upload Files” or “Upload Folder” from the “My Drive” drop-down menu.
- Choose the files or folders to be uploaded from the computer.
- Click on “Open” to complete the process.
The user can also upload files and folders by dragging them to Google Drive. The steps are given below.
- Open Google Drive on the internet browser.
- Open the folder to upload or create a new folder.
- Drag the files from the computer to the folder in your drive.
- If the user has the Google Drive application installed on the computer, open the app.
- Drag the files to the application to upload them to the cloud.
- If the user wants to upload different files with the same name, click on the “Keep as Separate File” option before saving the files.
How to Upload Files On an Android Or iOS Device ?
Android or iOS system users can follow the steps below to upload files onto the cloud:
- Open the Google Drive app on the device. Click on the “Add” option, then on “Upload.”
- Select the files to be uploaded from the device.
- The uploaded files can be viewed from the “My Drive” option.
- Users can convert Microsoft Word documents into Google files before uploading them.
- Files can be uploaded using mobile data or Wi-Fi.
Users can use the Google Drive app to turn the “Data Usage” on or off to upload them. This option is found in “Settings” from the “Main Menu” option.
How to Download Files from Google Drive?
If the users want to download files from the Google Drive cloud to their computer or laptop, follow the steps below:
- Go to Google Drive on the internet browser.
- Right-click on the file to be downloaded.
- Click on “Download” from the drop-down menu.
Google Drive Folders
If the users want to organize their Google Drive, they can create folders to keep track of all their files on the cloud by following the steps below:
- Go to the Google Drive website on your browser.
- Click on “New” on the left of the screen.
- Click on the “Folder” option.
- Give a name to the folder, then click “Create.”
The users can move the files and folders around from their Google Drive. They can drag any folder and place it wherever they want and save the same file on multiple folders. The users can make copies or delete the folders on their drive by right-clicking on the folder and choosing the appropriate option.
They can even create a shortcut in the form of a link to refer to a specific file or folder on Google Drive. The shortcut can also be deleted when it is no longer required; however, the original file or folder does not get deleted. To create or delete a shortcut,
- Right-click on the file or folder
- Press on “Add Shortcut to Drive”
- Click on “Add Shortcut” after choosing where the user wants to place the shortcut.
- Delete the shortcut by right-clicking on the shortcut.
- Click on “Remove” to delete.
Google Drive allows the user to share the files or folder that you have uploaded to the cloud. When the users share files, they can also control the number of people they are sharing. They can allow them to edit or make comments on the files or only allow them to view it.
Steps to follow to share the Files
- Go to the Google Drive website.
- Click on the file the user wants to share, or press the Shift key to select more than one file.
- Click on “Share.”
- Enter the email address of the person with whom the user wants to share the file.
- Click the down arrow to choose what people can do to the file you share.
- Check the “Notify People” box if the user wants a notification.
- Click “Send” or “Share.”
To share a file with more than 100 people, the user can follow the steps below.
- Publish the file and create the link to the file, then share it.
- Create a Google site and embed the files they want to share.
- Create a Google Form to get feedback or information from people.
How to Use Google Drive Offline?
If the end-users do not have any access to the internet on their computer, they can view, edit, and save files like Google Docs, Sheets, or Slides to Google Drive. There are a few things that the user must ensure before turning on the offline access to the drive:
- Connection to the Internet
- Use Google Chrome for his/her internet browser.
- Install “Google Docs Offline Chrome Extension” and have it turned on.
- Ensure that there is enough space on the device to save files.
- Click on the box “Sync Google Docs, Sheets, Slides & Drawings files to this computer so that the user can edit offline.”
- Right-click on the files the user wants to view offline.
- Click on “Available Offline”.
If the user does not have any internet connection on his /her mobile phone, the files that the user can view and edit include Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, videos, photos, and PDFs. The user can follow the steps below to use files offline:
- Open Google Drive.
- Click on the button “More” next to the file he or she wants to use offline.
- Click on “Make Available Offline.”
- Click on the “Menu” button, then click on “Offline” to view the files saved offline.
Google Docs, Slides and Sheets
Just as Microsoft has the Microsoft Office, Google offers its user Google Suite with the features below.
- Google Doc comparable to MS-Word
- Google Slides equivalent to MS-PowerPoint
- Google Sheets close to MS-Excel.
Users can use Google Docs as a word processor to create and edit documents. Google Slides and Google Sheets can be used for creating and editing presentations and spreadsheets, respectively. The users can easily download all three programs to their computer or mobiles and free to edit, save or share the files with others.
Google Drive Security
Google Drive is programmed with high encryption layers. Before data or files are uploaded to the cloud, Google Drive encrypts the data with the transport layer security (TLS) standard. The 128-bit advanced encryption standard or AES re-encrypts data when it reaches Google, providing an extra layer of security to the data. Although Google Drive does not comply with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) of 1996, it supports a two- factor authentication mechanism for maximum security
The user can use the latest versions of Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Forms on devices with the following browsers and operating systems:
- Internet Explorer 11
- Microsoft Edge
- Windows 7 and higher
- Sierra 10.12
- Android version 5.0 and higher
- iOS 11 and higher.
How to Check System Version ?
Users must ensure that they have the required system version on their device to be compatible with Google Drive. To check the details of the android version of the device, users can:
- Go to the settings
- Click on “About Phone” or “About Tablet”
- Check “Android Version” to see the system version.
iOS users can check the version of iOS they are using by following the steps below:
- Go to “Settings.”
- Click on “General,” then on “About.”
- Check “Version” to see the system version.
Google Drive Login Problems
When you cannot sign in to your Google Drive account, please try the steps below.
- Try common troubleshooting issues first.
- Check or uncheck the offline access.
- Check whether your Internet Service Provider has blocked Google Drive or not.
- If you see “temporary Error” while trying to open the files, then wait for a while and retry login.
- Check your storage limit and size of the file.
- Check your Antivirus software.
Google Drive Useful Links
Google Drive Links
Google Drive Sign in Page
Google Drive Login Page
Google Drive Download
Google Drive Sign in/Sign up
My Google Drive Sign in Page
Google Cloud Picture Login
|Google Drive Direct Link Generator|
Conclusion:We hope you enjoyed the article about Google Drive login web, Google Drive login online Process, Google Drive Sign up, Google Drive free space, Storage Price, etc. If you have any suggestions or questions, please use the comment box to contact us. We will be happy to assist you.