Here is a detailed guide on BNSF Emulator Login: Here in this article, you can find the fastest and easiest way to login to the BNSF Emu.
BNSF Emulator is a program designed for the employees of Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway or BNSF. The emulator is designed mainly to grant employees remote access to the mainframe computer. This remote access allows employees to efficiently work from home with direct access to the mainframe computer. For the emulator to run smoothly without any complications, Java is required, and that makes it easy to use on desktops but not on Android and iOS devices.
Requirements to Run BNSF Emulator
Below requirements are necessary for the smooth functioning of the BNSF Emulator.
- Virtual Java Machine
- An internet browser that has Java support
- Use of updated versions of browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, IE 6.0, etc.,
BNSF Emulator Login Procedures
To login to the BNSF Emulator portal, employees can follow the steps below:
Step 1: Go to the official BNSF Emulator page on your internet browser by clicking on www.bnsf.com/emu.
Step 2: A page will appear where you will have to provide the details of your User ID and password.
Step 3: Provide the details and then click “Login.”
Step 4: You will get access to the BNSF Emulator portal.
If you are facing issues in login to the BNSF emu portal try the login troubleshooting steps first.
If this doesn’t solve your login problem, then contact the BNSF Support team given below.
Access the Mainframe from iOS or Android Devices
An app called VirtualPC allows employees to use a version of the BNSF Emulator. This app provides employees with access to mainframe computer from their iOS or Android device. It makes it more convenient and comfortable for employees to easily access the Mainframe from their hand device if they cannot access a desktop.
After installing the app on the hand device, employees can follow the
steps below to use it:
Step 1: Go to the BNSF pages on different social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter and like the page.
Step 2: Move to the official BNSF Emulator website on Chrome or Firefox by using the www.bnsf.com/emu link.
Step 3: Click on the “3270” icon seen on the top left corner of the screen.
Step 4: Next, click on the plx.access.bnsf.combutton.
Problems and Solutions Faced with BNSF Emulator
1. What are the PF Key buttons located that are usually seen on the mainframe emulator ?
The PFkey buttons are not seen on many screens, mainly due to the font size. If the font size on the monitors is decreased, the PF keys will be seen on the screen. However, this change in size is not possible for many desktops.
2. Why are the settings that been saved lost when another mainframe emulator is opened ?
To ensure all the settings of the BNSF emulator are saved, the User Setting must
be saved from the File menu available on the program. This setting will ensure
that no settings are lost when another mainframe emulator is opened.
3. Can the display of the emulator be printed?
Yes, the display screen of the emulator can be printed. You can do this by clicking
on the “Print” option on the File menu. A dialogue box will be displayed, and
you can follow the steps to print the display from there.
4. Why does the emulator frequently freeze and become unable to take inputs ?
If the emulator often freezes and the inputs are not processed, the BNSF program must be reloaded. You can do this by clicking on the “Reset” button that is seen on the click pad of the emulator.
5. The BNSF mainframe emulator is seen on the screen, but no changes can be made ?
In order to ensure that the BNSF mainframe emulator functions smoothly, follow the steps below:
- Track the updates of the system as they might interfere
with the smooth functioning of the emulator.
- Reboot the system and clear the cache.
- Reopen the emulator from the first step on the browser and
let it reload.
6. What is the procedure to follow if I cannot log in even after providing all the correct details in the login page?
If you are unable to login or being redirected to the login page even after providing all the necessary details, there must be an issue with the firewall. You can disable the firewall then start the BNSF emulator and log in again.
7. What is the solution when the screen is displayed in red colour with an invalid note token after loading the emulator?
The security token must be reviewed as it is issued by BNSF. Compare the security token entered and try entering it again.
8. Why does the BNSF emulator start by displaying the 2370 button instead of the original emulator?
In order to resolve this issue, you can:
- Right-click on the BNSF railway 3270 icon.
- Maximize the emulator through the menu.
- The full screen of the emulator will be displayed with the original emulator.
9. How to obtain the ID and password for BNSF emulator?
In order to obtain the login credentials, you will have to speak to your supervisor. However, if the issue is that you have forgotten the login details, you will have to contact the Mainframe Web Team.
10. Why is the emulator not accepting my login credentials?
The emulator may not be accepting your login credentials because either your ID or password has been changed.
11. How do I contact the BNSF emulator support?
If any problem regarding the Mainframe arises, then contact the emulator support for information.
The contact number is: 1800-HELP649 or 1-800-893-4357.
Some of the errors that the support can help with are:
- .OC://WebConnect server has disconnected client. As
Given below is the necessary information required for a quick reply from the BNSF support.
· Name of the Employee
· Contact Number
· Details of the Problem.
· Exact error messages.
· Phone number
· ISP Details
· Internet browser Details
· Details of Device & Operating System.
· Date & Time tried to access the emulator.
Note: Queries without the above information will take longer to answer.
You must ensure that you have the latest versions of the internet browser that you are using. Most issues regarding the BNSF emulator are solved just by having the latest versions installed.
BNSF Emulator – Mainframe Login
In order for your device to work with the BNSF Emulator, it must have the
most current software updates.
How do I clear my browser cache, cookies and history?
BNSF Emulator: Common Problems & Solutions – A Brief Guide
How to View BNSF Emulator on an Android phone- Railroad.net Rail Forums
https://www.railroad.net/viewtopic.php?t=78141Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more.